A cheap, healthy and filling dish!
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red chilli (chopped/optional)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 200g quinoa (rinsed and drained)
- Heaped 1/2 cup kidney beans (dried, roughly equivalent to 1 can)
- Heaped 1/2 cup black turtle beans (dried, roughly equivalent to 1 can)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Optional Extras: Chopped coriander, long grain white rice and fresh lime!
- Fry onion, garlic and chilli in the oil until softened.
- Add all of the spices, including the chilli powder (if you like it spicy).
- Tip in the quinoa, beans, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Top with chopped coriander, a squeeze of lime and serve with long grain white rice, if desired!