(VG) Serves 4-6
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 400ml plant milk
- 1 tbsp sugar (any kind)
- 1 tbsp oil, for cooking
- pinch of fine salt
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and then slowly pour in the milk until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick saucepan over a medium-low heat and add 1 tbsp vegan butter. Cook for 3-4 on the first side, flipping only when set or when you see bubbles forming around the edges/on the surface.
- Flip, and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side, until golden brown on both sides and cooked through.
- Keep warm warm in a low oven until the remaining pancakes are done.
- Serve with toppings of your choice; whether it be maple syrup and blueberries, or with lots of fresh fruit and yoghurt, and enjoy!