A warming winter treat!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- heaped 1/2 cup of kidney beans (dried and precooked) or from a tin
- heaped 1/2 cup of butter beans (dried and precooked) or from a tin
- heaped 1/2 cup of haricot beans (dried and precooked) or from a tin
- 2 cups of vegetable stock/bouillon
- 2 sprigs of rosemary (or 2 tsp dried rosemary )
- 2 bay leaves
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Additional olive oil, for serving
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan on a medium heat, and once hot, add the onions, celery and carrots and cook for 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for one minute, stirring throughout, so as not to burn the garlic.
- Stir in the thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, vegetable stock, beans, and bay leaves.
- Increase heat to high and once the stew has reached a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 25-30 mins, until thickened.
- Remove the rosemary (if using fresh), and the bay leaves, adding additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and serve over quinoa, polenta, or any of your favourite grains, and enjoy!