Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp agave syrup
- 2 tbsp non-dairy milk
- 60g dark chocolate (our Doisy & Dam chocolate buttons would be perfect!)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds/Linseeds
- 2 tbsp hulled hemp seeds (or ground almonds would work too)
- a pinch of salt
- 38g sesame seeds (or use extra hemp/ground almonds, if allergic to sesame)
- 4 tbsp protein powder (our unflavoured pea protein is a great option here!)
1) In a pan, heat the coconut oil, maple and almond milk. Switch off heat once it starts to bubble.
2) Add the chocolate and mix. Let sit for 2 minute and then whisk until melted and smooth.
3) Add the vanilla and salt and mix in.
4) Pulse the pumpkin, chia, flax and hemp in a blender to make a coarse meal.
5) Add the seed mixture and sesame seeds to the melted chocolate. Mix to combine.
6) Add protein powder if using and mix.
7) Spread on parchment using a spatula.
8) Chill until set. slice and keep refrigerated for weeks or wrap individually.
You could use spices like cinnamon, ground nutmeg/ginger, or even chilli, to make different variations!