(VG) - Makes approximately 8-10 muffins
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 25 minutes
- 272g plain flour (or 2 cups)
- 240ml non-dairy milk (or 1 cup)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 95g coconut palm sugar (or 1/2 cup) + 2 extra tablespoons (or brown sugar)
- 54g coconut oil melted (or 1/4 cup) + 2 extra tablespoons
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups raspberries
- 100-150g dark chocolate (chopped roughly) - our Doisy & Dam buttons would work perfectly!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a muffin tin with silicone liners (preferably).
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice to milk and stir. Let this sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add sugar, coconut oil, lemon zest and vanilla to the milk.
- Add the liquid to the dry mixture and stir gently to combine- don't overmix or you'll make your muffins too dense and tough.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and chopped dark chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a skewer or knife comes out clean, when inserted into the centre.