Delicious snacks for anytime of day!
Yields 15 Bliss Balls - VG/GF
- 125g peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 100g oats (sub gluten-free if required)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- pinch of salt
- Optional Extras
- Raisins, sultanas, Goji berries or dried cranberries
- Cinnamon, nutmeg or ground ginger - you can be as creative as you like!
- This is a great foundation recipe, to adjust to your own personal tastes.
- Pour peanut butter into a large mixing bowl and stir until loosened (you may need to microwave it in 10 second intervals, so that the peanut butter melts and is easier to stir).
- Stir in the maple syrup, until the mixture combines into a thick paste.
- Add the dry ingredients: oats, chia seeds, desiccated coconut, cacao powder, cacao nibs and a pinch of salt, and stir together
- Now, pick up small mounds of the mixture and roll between your palms, gently pressing the dough and compressing it, until a circular bliss ball is formed.
- Repeat until all of the dough is used up- this recipe should yield approximately 15 bliss balls!
These can be stored in an air-tight container and refrigerated for up to a week. Alternatively, they can be frozen too!
The dough may seem initially resistant to forming a ball, but it should come together as you compress the mixture between your palms. If the problem persists, you can add a little more liquid (either peanut butter or maple syrup), and stir again.
Delicious snacks for anytime of day! (Yields 15 Bliss Balls) - VG/GF