A tasty, healthy and filling breakfast bar!
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 30 mins
- 2 medium bananas
- 150g oats (gluten-free if required)
- 25g sunflower seeds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g hulled hemp seeds aka hemp hearts
- 30g raisins
- pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp agave syrup
- 180g smooth peanut butter
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp plant milk
- Optional Extras: cranberries, nuts (walnuts/hazelnuts), desiccated coconut, sesame seeds, cacao nibs, dried apricots.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with baking parchment (or alternatively, I used a silicone flapjack mould, which is easy to clean and requires no parchment paper/greasing)
- Place the peeled bananas into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork until they're runny.
- Add the oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, raisins and salt into the mixing bowl, stirring until combined.
- In a saucepan, add the smooth peanut butter, Agave syrup and coconut oil and let simmer on a low heat until the mixture has melted completely.
- Pour the peanut butter liquid into the mixing bowl and combine until the dry ingredients are fully coated with the wet ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture into your baking tin/flapjack moulds, using a spatula or spoon, to level the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool completely for 10-15 minutes, so the flapjacks don't split and have time to set- then enjoy!