GF/VG - Serves 4
Prep time: 5-10 minutes Cook time: 40 mins
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp cinnamon (adjust to 1/2 a teaspoon if you'd prefer a more subtle cinnamon flavour)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 250g dried butter beans, precooked (or 2 tins of butter beans, drained and rinsed)
- Optional extras: fresh parsley (to garnish), crumbled vegan feta, sourdough (toasted, to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat the oil in a large oven-proof frying pan, or shallow casserole dish, then gently cook the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt, until softened (this should take roughly 10 minutes).
- Add the tomato puree and stir in, cooking for one minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, cinnamon, oregano, butter beans, 250ml of just-boiled water, as well as salt and pepper to season and bring to a simmer.
- Put into the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the thickened and bubbling.
- Serve with fresh parsley to garnish, with crumbled vegan feta or with some hot toasted sourdough and enjoy this super warming dish, perfect for an easy lunch!