VG/GF option (Serves 4)
Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 15-20 minutes
For the sauce:
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce (can sub gluten-free soy sauce/coconut aminos if making the recipe gluten-free)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp chilli flakes or 1 tbsp of your favourite hot sauce (I love sriracha or korean gochujang!)
3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
1.5 tbsp soft dark brown sugar or 1 tbsp maple syrup/agave syrup (you can easily adjust the sweetness to your personal taste)
1/4 cup/60ml cold water
150g noodles (rice noodles work great too, if opting for a gluten-free option)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp sunflower oil
Veggies of your choice (broccoli, spring onions, carrots and mushrooms are a good foundation, but go crazy!)
- Combine all of the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce in a bowl and set to one side.
- Chop vegetables of your choice and put to one side.
- Cook noodles as instructions suggest, in a separate saucepan.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok or saucepan and once hot, add the garlic and cook for 30-60 seconds on a medium-high heat, taking care not to burn.
- Add the chopped vegetables and stir fry for 10 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked to your liking (I like mine with a little bite).
- Add the stir-fry sauce and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, before draining the noodles, rinsing in cold water and adding to the stir-fry.
- Stir together and cook for a further few minutes before serving.
- Top with toasted sesame seeds and/or roasted redskin peanuts for that extra little bit of crunch/texture, and enjoy!