Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 23-25 mins
Gluten free, vegan
- 150ml plant based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50g almond butter (or cashew/peanut butter, OR a seed-butter, if wanting the recipe to be nut-free)
- 55g golden caster sugar
- 120g gluten-free plain flour
- 40g ground almonds
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- small pinch of salt
- 100g fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a small bowl, measure out the plant-milk and stir in the apple cider vinegar and set to one side for 5 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl add the sugar and almond butter (you can switch this out for other nut/seed butters, if desired), and stir together. Then add all of the remaining ingredients, except for the blueberries, and stir together.
- Pour in the plant-milk and vinegar mixture and stir to combine.
- Finally, add the blueberries, give a final mix and spoon the mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 23-25 minutes on the middle shelf until lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove muffins from the oven and leave to cool completely on a plate or cooling rack before serving.
Store in an airtight container and consume within 2-3 days.